Who is the OG female rapper?
1. Missy Elliott — With over 30 million records sold, this Virginia native is reportedly the top-selling female rapper of all time and deserves to someday be enshrined in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, alongside such fellow hip-hop heroes as Public Enemy and 2Pac.
Who is the baddest female rapper?
- Missy Elliot. Missy Elliott is a five-time Grammy Award-winning female rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer.
- Remy Ma. Remy Ma got discovered by Big Pun, and became known for her work as a member of Fat Joe’s group, Terror Squad.
- Lauryn Hill.
- Nicki Minaj.
- Lil’ Kim.
- The Lady Of Rage.
Who was the second female rapper to go platinum?
Her debut album Funkdafied (1994) sold one million copies, making her the first female solo rap act to receive a platinum certification, and the second overall female rap act (solo or group) after Salt-N-Pepa. Brat has received two Grammy Award nominations.
Who was the first solo female rapper?
As one of the pioneers of female rap, Lana Moorer has the distinction of being the first solo female rapper to released a full-length album with 1988’s Lyte as a Rock.
Who is the prettiest female rapper?
Rap’s Reigning Queens: Honoring the Hottest Female Rappers in the…
- Cardi B. At 27 years of age, Cardi B already has a Wikipedia page dedicated to her nominations and awards.
- Missy Elliott.
- Megan Thee Stallion.
- Rico Nasty.
- Doja Cat.
Are there any good female rappers?
1. 30 of the Greatest Female MCs and Rap Groups Ever. When you look at the Billboard charts today, you’re bound to see many female MCs dominating the landscape, including stars like Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, and Cardi B.
What are the Top Hip Hop Songs of 2005?
Top 50 Rap Songs of 2005: #50 – #46 . 50 | Juelz Santana – Mic Check. 49 | Danger Doom ft. Talib Kweli – Old School. 48 | Mike Jones ft. Paul Wall & Slim Thug – Still Tippin’ 47 | Self Scientific ft. Bun B- King Kong. 46 | Da Backwudz – You Gonna Luv Me
Are there any female rappers in hip hop?
In recent years, Lyte herself has called for the Female Rap Solo category to be reinstated, saying “it destroys [hip-hop] culture to not have the perspective of a woman.”
Who was the first female rapper in Philadelphia?
One of Philadelphia’s first prominent MCs, Bahamadia, a former producer, was moved to join the rap game after being inspired by the likes of female rappers Salt-N-Pepa and Lady B. Lyrically dexterous with a smooth, unflappable flow, Bahamadia’s verses serve less bombast than her contemporaries, but are no less verbally crafty.