Where is the best fishing in upstate New York?
9 great Upstate NY bass fishing spots, tips to get started
- -Lake Champlain*
- -Oneida Lake*
- -Cayuga Lake (Read more) *
- -St. Lawrence River.
- *-Lake Erie*
- – Lake Ontario’s Eastern Basin (Henderson Harbor/Chaumont Bay). Find out about charter boats from here.
- – Chauttauqua Lake.
- – Onondaga Lake*
What is the best fishing trip?
10 Best Fishing Trip Destinations
- Blue Marlin in Kona, Hawaii.
- Blue Cats in Virginia (and D.C.)
- Bonefish at St. Brandon’s (East Africa)
- Giant Bluefin Tuna off the Outer Banks.
- Ice Fishing at Mille Lacs Lake.
- Offshore Fishing in Key West, Florida.
- Northern Snakeheads in the Blackwater River.
- Peacock Bass Fishing in Florida.
Where can I fish in upstate?
Where To Go Fishing? See 15 Best Fishing Lakes in the Upstate
- Saluda Lake – Greenville.
- Lake Cooley – Inman.
- Boyd Mill Pond – Near Ware Shoals.
- Lake Pinnacle and Lake Oolenoy – Table Rock State Park.
- Lake Placid – Paris Mountain State Park.
- Lake Cunningham – Greer.
- Lake Craig – Croft State Park.
Where is the best trout fishing in New York State?
5 Great New York Trout Streams
- UPPER GENESEE RIVER. When I ask fly-fishing friends about the upper Genesee River, they often act puzzled.
- OWASCO INLET.
- NINE MILE CREEK.
- CHITTENANGO CREEK.
- CHATEAUGAY RIVER.
Does New York have good fishing?
For those who enjoy saltwater angling, the famous shorelines of Long Island boast prized species like striped bass, bluefish, and fluke. From deep sea fishing to ice fishing, from the Great Lakes to small ponds, New York is the premier location for anglers to experience the thrill of their next big catch.
What saltwater fish are in season in NY?
Saltwater Fishing Limits
|Species||Minimum Size Limits (Total Length in Inches) (1)||Open Seasons|
|Scup (Porgy) (3) Anglers aboard licensed party/charter boats||9||Sept 1 – Oct 31|
|Summer flounder (fluke) (4)||19||May 4 – Sept 30|
|Black Sea Bass (5)||15||June 23 – Aug 31 Sept 1 – Dec 31|
|Oyster Toadfish||10||July 16 – May 14|
Where is the best offshore fishing?
The U.S is home to many offshore fishing spots, read on to find out some of the best:
- Destin, Florida.
- Montauk, New York.
- Seattle, Washington.
- Galveston, Texas.
- San Diego, California.
- Outer Banks, North Carolina.
- Charlestown, South Carolina.
- Florida Keys, Florida. Image credit: catch-em-all.com.
What size trout can you keep in NY?
Minimum Qualifying Sizes for Fish
|Trout, Lake||Inland||30 inches|
|Trout, Rainbow||Great Lakes||30 inches|
|Inland Lakes||24 inches|
|Inland Streams||20 inches|
Where to catch bass in upstate New York?
Jake Lax, 14, of North Syracuse caught his 21-inch largemouth bass on Oneida Lake using a Hula Popper. Upstate New York has some of the most phenomenal largemouth and smallmouth bass fishing in the country. Each year, Bassmaster Magazine ranks the top 100 bass fishing locations in the country.
Where to go fishing in the Adirondacks?
Lake George fishing is Great! Only charter operator with boats in North and South basins. Captain Joe with 28 lb. Lake Trout… A Lake George Charterboat Record! Get set to enjoy great Lake George fishing in the Adirondacks of Upstate New York! Lake George is 32 miles long & up to 3 miles wide.
Where to go fishing in New York State?
“My son and I live in Rockland County, NY, and wanted to go to someplace within NYS, and stay someplace safe (rooms spread out, no indoor corridors, no lobby, not in the crowded village of Lake George), during this…”
Which is the best charter fishing service for Lake George?
Book a fishing trip with us and see first-handed why the Lake George region has long been a favorite vacation destination for countless numbers of families. You will also see why Justy-Joe Charters has become the number one choice among anglers who are looking for a very professionally run, family oriented charter fishing service.