What is cloud nuke?
This repo contains a CLI tool to delete all resources in an AWS account. cloud-nuke was created for situations when you might have an account you use for testing and need to clean up leftover resources so you’re not charged for them. Also great for cleaning out accounts with redundant resources.
How do I clean my AWS account?
Close your AWS account:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console as the root user of the account.
- From the navigation bar, choose your account name, and then choose My Account.
- Scroll to the Close Account section.
- Read and understand the terms of closing your account.
- Select all check boxes, and then choose Close Account.
How do I delete all AWS resources?
- At first, you need to set an account alias for your account.
- You must create a config file.
- Then you can list down all resources that will be deleted using the following command:
- Add –no-dry-run option to permanently delete all resources in the same command.
What is Gruntworks?
Gruntworks is here to Support the Military, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters, Gold Star Families, all First Responders, and many many many more hard working and selfless people “risking it all” every day to make sure that we are able to live our lives in the best possible environment.
What are the AWS regions?
|Middle East (Bahrain)||me-south-1||rds.me-south-1.amazonaws.com|
|South America (São Paulo)||sa-east-1||rds.sa-east-1.amazonaws.com|
|AWS GovCloud (US-East)||us-gov-east-1||rds.us-gov-east-1.amazonaws.com|
|AWS GovCloud (US-West)||us-gov-west-1||rds.us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com|
What is Janitor Monkey?
Janitor Monkey is a service which runs in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud looking for unused resources to clean up. If any of the rules determines that the resource is a cleanup candidate, Janitor Monkey marks the resource and schedules a time to clean it up.
What happens if I dont pay AWS?
So I was reading the AWS docs and realised that if one doesn’t pay up the bills, AWS would send them repeated emails asking them to pay and finally terminate the account and flag the credit card if the amount is not paid even after 3 months.
Will deleting AWS account delete all resources?
Closing your account might not automatically terminate all your active resources. You might continue to incur charges for some of your active resources even after you close your account. You’re charged for any usage fees incurred before closure.