What can you not do after hydrocele surgery?
You may return to work or school when you are ready. This is usually in about 4 to 7 days. Avoid strenuous activities, such as bicycle riding, jogging, weight lifting, or aerobic exercise, until your doctor says it is okay. For 2 to 4 weeks, avoid lifting anything that would make you strain.
Does Hydrocelectomy cause infertility?
A hydrocele typically isn’t dangerous and usually doesn’t affect fertility. But a hydrocele might be associated with an underlying testicular condition that can cause serious complications, including: Infection or tumor. Either might reduce sperm production or function.
What are the side effects of hydrocele surgery?
Risk and possible complications include:
- Blood clots.
- Recurrence of the hydrocele.
- Injury to the testicle and nearby structures, which can lead to infertility.
- Risks of anesthesia (the anesthesiologist will discuss these with you)
Is hydrocele contagious?
Hydroceles can also be caused by infections, inflammation, radiation therapy, and injuries. Hydroceles aren’t contagious or hereditary.
What is the fastest way to recover from a hydrocele surgery?
- Rest when you feel tired.
- Try to walk each day.
- You may shower 24 hours after surgery, if your doctor says it is okay.
- You may return to work or school when you are ready.
- Avoid strenuous activities, such as bicycle riding, jogging, weight lifting, or aerobic exercise, until your doctor says it is okay.
Can a hydrocele cause erection problems?
The sexual barriers of hydrocele include pain and dyspareunia, infertility, ejaculatory disorder, pseudo shortening of penis, erectile dysfunction, buried penis, social stigma, embarrassment and body dysmorphic disorder .
Does hydrocele cause erectile dysfunction?
Though hydrocele typically presents as a painless mass, it can lead to psychological complications responsible for sexual dysfunction and infertility.
How many days rest after hydrocele surgery?
Most patients can resume normal activities in about 2 days, unless their surgery was extensive. For infants, parents should take care to keep the area as clean and dry as possible. Adult men generally should wait at least 2 weeks to resume strenuous work or sexual activity.