What are good interview questions to ask a band?
Top Ten Questions To Ask A Musician In An Interview
- If you didn’t become a musician, what would you be doing right now?
- What is the weirdest or funniest question you’ve ever been asked in an interview?
- What do you feel is the best song you’ve ever released and why?
- Which musician would you like to collaborate with next?
How do you interview a band?
If you’re getting ready to conduct your first musician interview but don’t know where to begin, these tips will help.
- Prepare, Prepare, Prepare. Hero Images/Getty Images.
- List Your Questions. Martin Barraud/Getty Images.
- Practice With Friends. Reza Estakhrian/Getty Images.
- Steel Yourself.
- Don’t Try to Cable-News Host Them.
What are good questions to ask a music artist?
18 interview questions to get you started
- What first got you into music?
- Who inspired you to make music?
- How would you describe the music that you typically create?
- What is your creative process like?
- Who would you most like to collaborate with?
- If you could go open a show for any artist who would it be?
How do I prepare for a music interview?
Interview Tips For Bands & Musicians
- Prepare for the obvious questions.
- Avoid one-word answers & don’t ramble.
- It’s ok to go off topic, but don’t forget to plug.
- Know your audience.
- Relax & be affable.
What should I ask an artist?
5 Questions Your Artist Statement Should Answer
- Why Do You Make This Type of Art? Why are you drawn to this subject?
- What Does Your Artwork Represent? Does your art represent something about you?
- What Inspires You? What connection do you have to your art?
- How Do You Make It?
- What Does Your Art Mean to You?
How to prepare for an interview with a band?
Between tour schedules, practice sessions and performances, it can be challenging to nail down an interview time with a band or musician. Plan as far in advance as you can, contacting the band’s publicist or tour promoter to set a time.
What’s the best script for a job interview?
Sample Script: Interviewing With A Human Voice. Brittany: So, Gustavo, have a seat! It’s nice to meet you. Gustavo: Wonderful to meet you too, Brittany. Your office is great. What a view! Brittany
What should I ask in a music interview?
As a result, I compiled a list of interview questions for music artists that could be used as a starting point. For me the key to interviews is to treat each person as an individual, so not too many generic questions that they will have answered hundreds of times before. Ask open questions that will encourage detailed and honest answers.