What are good books for a black teenage girl?
A black girl’s reading list: 10 books to inspire and challenge
- Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi.
- The Wretched of the Earth by Frantz Fanon.
- Biased: The New Science of Race and Inequality by Jennifer Eberhardt.
What are some books for 15 year olds?
The story is ultimately about a friendship between two boys who support one another but also betray each other’s trust.
- Fahrenheit 451.
- Catcher in the Rye.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
- The Outsiders.
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.
What books should every black woman read?
15 Books That Every Black Woman Should Own
- Sister Outsider By Audre Lorde.
- Waiting To Exhale by Terry McMillan.
- 5.The Street By Ann Petry.
- I Know Why The Caged Birds Sing By Maya Angelou.
- The Women of Brewster Place by Gloria Naylor.
- 8.The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison.
- The Color Purple By Alice Walker.
What inspired Marley Dias?
On CBS This Morning, Dias explains that one of her inspirations is Augusta Baker, a woman who was a librarian in New York City’s Public Libraries for 37 years. Baker worked to provide various narratives through books, allowing all different groups of people to have voices.
Who is the most famous black author?
Add your thoughts in comment below.
- Maya Angelou. Acclaimed American poet, author and activist Maya Angelou was born in St.
- James Baldwin.
- Amiri Baraka.
- Octavia Butler.
- W.E.B. Du Bois.
- Ralph Ellison.
- Alex Haley.
- Langston Hughes.
What should I read if I like Toni Morrison?
What she reads if she loves Toni Morrison
- Beloved by Toni Morrison.
- Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- Some Sing, Some Cry by Ntozake Shange and Ifa Bayeza.
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead.
- Meridian by Alice Walker.