How do you cite the UN Charter article?
Citing the Charter of the United Nations
- List the author or organization responsible for the document, followed by a comma.
- List the title of the document in italics, followed by a comma.
- List the date of publication, followed by a comma.
- List the document symbol, followed by a comma.
How do you cite a Charter in APA?
Citing a Book Chapter: Print Version
- General Format:
- In-Text Citation (Paraphrase):
- (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year)
- In-Text Citation (Direct Quote):
- (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year, page number)
- Chapter Author’s Last Name, First Initial. Second Initial. (Year). Chapter or article title.
How do I cite an UN news article?
Author(s) of the UN report. (Year of publication). Title of the UN report (Report No. Report number).
How do I reference the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child?
In text, your citation would be: Convention on the rights of the child (1989) or (Convention on the rights of the child, 1989) depending on the construction of your sentence.
How do I cite the UN General Assembly?
Referencing – International Law: UN General Assembly (UNGA)
- Author. The first time you reference the document, give the name of the author in full, e.g. United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
- Title. Abbreviate resolution to ‘Res’
- Date. The date is always given in (round brackets).
- Document number.
What is Article 2 4 of the UN Charter?
Text of Article 2(4) All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any State, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.
What is Article 5 of the United Nations?
States Parties shall prohibit all discrimination on the basis of disability and guarantee to persons with disabilities equal and effective legal protection against discrimination on all grounds. 3.
How do you cite the UN in a letter?
General format: Author (if applicable),Title (if applicable), Resolution or Decision number, UN Body and OR Designation, Session number or year, Supplement number, UN Document number (Date or Year) pinpoint.
How to cite the Charter of the United Nations?
Most Charter of the United Nations APA citations have three basic elements: 1 Name of the agreement 2 Article number 3 Paragraph number More
What does Article 57 of the UN Charter say?
The General Assembly shall consider and approve any financial and budgetary arrangements with specialized agencies referred to in Article 57 and shall examine the administrative budgets of such specialized agencies with a view to making recommendations to the agencies concerned.
How to cite the u.n.charter, pen and the pad?
List the URL of the website on which you accessed the charter in the following format: available at: http://www.unwebsite.com/charter List the date you accessed the charter. This information should appear in brackets. Make sure that your completed citation appears as follows, with the title of the charter italicized:
How to cite a charter on a website?
List the URL of the website on which you accessed the charter in the following format: available at: http://www.unwebsite.com/charter. List the date you accessed the charter. This information should appear in brackets. Make sure that your completed citation appears as follows, with the title of the charter italicized: