How do I get a copy of my military orders online?

Under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can access information in your OMPF. To request and receive copies of your OMPF documents securely online, use the DPRIS page in milConnect.

How do I get my military statement of service?

To determine whether issuance of a “Statement of Service” is appropriate, contact the U.S. Army Human Resources Command at 1-888-ARMYHRC (1-888-276-9472). There are two ways to obtain copies of specific document(s) or the entire AMHRR. Select Correspondence/Documentation at the top left of the screen.

Are military records online?

Recent military service and medical records are not online. However, most veterans and their next of kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and the following military service records any of the ways listed below.

How do I access my army orders online?

You can also find out for yourself by logging into AKO. Once you log in to AKO, you will see “Army Links” on the right side of the page. Click on “Assignment Satisfaction Key”, then “On Orders”. Your assignment location can be seen there.

How do I access my iPERMS?

You must log into iPERMS at at least once every 90 days to keep your access current.

How do I find out what ship my grandfather served on?

To find out if they have any information on your veteran, call them at 800-827-1000. If the Department of Veteran Affairs does not have any information you can try contacting the Veteran Affairs Insurance Center at 800-669-8477.

Where do I Find my military personnel records?

The Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), held at the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), are administrative records containing information about the subject’s military service history.

How can I request my DD214 military record?

Submit a military records request to get your DD214 or other military service records through the milConnect website. Choose the Personnel File tab. Select Request My Personnel File. Fill out the form. In the Document Index section, check the boxes next to the document (s) you’d like to request. Click or tap on the Create and Send Request button.

When to request a copy of your military record?

If the Veteran was discharged more than 62 years ago, you can order a copy of their military records. The National Archives opens all records to the public 62 years after discharge. If the Veteran was discharged less than 62 years ago, you may be able to request limited information from their Military Personnel File.

When does the military retire the health records?

In the past, all of the military services retired the individual health record, along with the personnel record, to the NPRC upon a service member’s separation from service.