How do I enable NAT on Cisco router?
Steps to configure dynamic NAT using CLI.
- Login to the device using SSH / TELNET and go to enable mode.
- Go into the config mode.
- Configure the router’s inside interface.
- Configure the router’s outside interface.
- Configure an ACL that has a list of the inside source addresses that will be translated.
What is NAT in Cisco router?
NAT enables private IP internetworks that use nonregistered IP addresses to connect to the Internet. NAT operates on a device, usually connecting two networks. Before packets are forwarded onto another network, NAT translates the private (not globally unique) addresses in the internal network into legal addresses.
What is IP NAT pool?
A NAT pool is a set of IP addresses that you can define and use for address translation. NAT policies perform address translation by translating internal IP addresses to the addresses in these pools. With destination NAT, you translate the original destination address to an IP address in the address pool.
How do I make my NAT Static?
To configure static NAT, three steps are required:
- configure private/public IP address mapping by using the ip nat inside source static PRIVATE_IP PUBLIC_IP command.
- configure the router’s inside interface using the ip nat inside command.
- configure the router’s outside interface using the ip nat outside command.
Should I use NAT or Pat?
The main difference between them is that NAT is used to map public IP addresses to private IP addresses, it could be a one-to-one or many-to-one relation. On the other hand, PAT is a type of NAT where the multiple private IP addresses are mapped into a single public IP (many-to-one) by using ports.
What is the difference between ip nat inside and ip nat outside?
On Cisco IOS routers we can use the ip nat inside source and ip nat outside source commands. This is the difference between the two commands: ip nat inside source: Translates the source IP address of packets that travel from inside to outside.
How do you NAT an IP address?
To achieve this, the translation of a private IP address to a public IP address is required. Network Address Translation (NAT) is a process in which one or more local IP address is translated into one or more Global IP address and vice versa in order to provide Internet access to the local hosts.