How can I make my reception fun?
10 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR WEDDING RECEPTION FUN
- Jazz up your first dance. Any old couple can attempt a shuffle and a half-decent slow dance, so why not stand out from the crowd and wow your guests with a surprise performance?
- Keep the speeches short and sweet.
- Do a welcome dinner.
- Add surprises.
- Choose your DJ carefully.
How do you keep guests entertained at a wedding reception?
Here are 10 of our favourite (and unique) ideas to keep your wedding guests entertained throughout the day.
- Hire food stations.
- Encourage some friendly competition.
- Think beyond a photo booth.
- Consider your venue.
- Mix it up!
- Encourage some DIY.
- Go all out with the favours.
- Start conversations.
What games do people play at weddings?
Wedding Reception Lawn Games
- Jenga. Who doesn’t love the classic block-stacking game Jenga?
- Connect Four. An oversized version of this classic game is sure to garner attention from adults and kids alike.
- Ring Toss.
- Corn Hole.
- Bocce Ball.
- Giant Dice.
What do you do at a wedding reception?
Wedding Reception Order of Events
- Cocktail Hour. After the ceremony, the couple, their families, and wedding party head off with the photographer to pose for pictures.
- First Dance.
- Bouquets & Garter Tosses.
- Cake Cutting.
How do I make sure my wedding isn’t boring?
11 Ways to Make Sure Your Wedding Isn’t Boring
- Make introductions at the rehearsal. READ MORE.
- Stick to the schedule.
- Don’t let guests go hungry.
- Plan an exit strategy.
- Consider your venue.
- Work your seating chart.
- Put a time limit on toasts.
- Bring in the entertainment.
How can I make my wedding fun and unique?
27 Ridiculously Fun Wedding Ideas
- Serve carnival food:
- Pop champagne before the ceremony!
- Dress your groomsmen up like superheroes:
- And while you’re at it, give your ringbearer a cape:
- Create a “Candy Land” sweets station:
- Stay comfy by wearing running shoes under your wedding gown:
- Get your geek on:
What is the correct order of a wedding reception?
Usually, the order of wedding reception speeches goes as follows: The best man goes first, followed by the maid of honor, and parents of either spouse (traditionally, this spot is reserved for the father of the bride, but any parent/host can speak).