Why does it say my printer is not installed?
If your printer is not installed yet, follow these steps: On the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Printers. When the wizard is completed, right-click the icon for the printer in the Printers dialog box, and then click Set as Default on the shortcut menu.
How do I fix unspecified printer in Windows 7?
Windows 7 – USB
- Connect the machine to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click [Devices and Printers] from the [Start] menu.
- In [Unspecified], double-click the name of the machine whose driver you want to install.
- Click the [Hardware] tab in the printer properties dialog box.
How do I update my HP printer driver Windows 7?
Update your driver in Device Manager
- Press the Windows key and search for and open Device Manager.
- Select the printer that you’ve connected from the list of available devices.
- Right-click the device and select Update driver or Update driver software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
Why won’t my HP printer driver install?
First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present. Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them. Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device. Restart your computer.
What to do if your printer is not installed on your computer?
If your printer isn’t listed, click Windows Update, and then wait while Windows checks for additional drivers. If none are available and you have the installation CD, click Have Disk, and then browse to the folder where the printer driver is located. (For additional help, consult the printer manual.)
Why is my printer not working in Windows 7?
Most printers require driver software to work properly. If you recently upgraded from one version of Windows to another, it’s possible that the current printer driver is for the previous version of Windows. If you’ve had recent power outages, viruses, or other computer problems, it’s possible that the drivers have become damaged.
Where is the printer driver in Windows 7?
If none are available and you have the installation CD, click Have Disk, and then browse to the folder where the printer driver is located. (For additional help, consult the printer manual.)
How do I uninstall my HP printer from my computer?
Click HP, and then click the folder for your printer. Click Uninstall, and then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall your printer. On the taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), and then click All Programs. Click HP, and then click the folder for your printer.