What organizations help after a tornado?
Tornado Season Blows In
- American Red Cross. Find a local chapter.
- Acts of God. Disaster preparedness and relief.
- American Red Cross. Disaster services and relief.
- Mennonite Disaster Service. Disaster relief agency organizing volunteer labor for clean-up and reconstruction.
- Salvation Army.
- Shaklee Cares.
How can we help the tornado victims of Alabama?
Anyone displaced by the storms or who had sustained tornado damage is asked to call 1-800-RED-CROSS if they need assistance. Anyone displaced or sustained tornado damage is encouraged to call 1-800-RED-CROSS for assistance tonight.
How can I help Newnan tornado victims?
Here are some ways to help victims of Newnan tornado disaster
- Peachtree City Police Department. The Peachtree City Police Department is accepting donations from 3/28 – 4/2 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Items requested are water, toiletries, cleaning supplies and plastic totes.
- Coweta Community Foundation.
- American Red Cross.
What help is needed after a tornado?
If a tornado watch or warning has been issued, head to a safe location, like a basement or lower level of the building. Stay away from external doors, windows and walls. Continue to listen to local news and weather reports for updates.
What is tornado damage?
The damage from tornadoes comes from the strong winds they contain and the flying debris they create. Wind speeds that high can cause automobiles to become airborne, rip ordinary homes to shreds, and turn broken glass and other debris into lethal missiles.
What should you do if a tornado hits your house?
What you need to do AFTER a tornado strikes
- Give first aid when appropriate.
- Turn on radio or television to get the latest emergency information.
- Stay out of damaged buildings.
- Use the telephone only for emergency calls.
- Clean up spilled medicines, bleaches, or gasoline or other flammable liquids immediately.
How can we help the Birmingham tornado victims?
People can donate to the Salvation Army of Greater Birmingham through the following ways:
- Online at helpsalvationarmy.org.
- Call 1-800-SAL-ARMY.
- Mail checks to: The Salvation Army, PO Box 11005, Birmingham, AL 35202. Checks can be designated “March Alabama Tornadoes” on all donations.
Did a tornado go through Newnan Georgia?
Another 70 homes were completely destroyed; roughly 120 more had ‘major damage. ‘ NEWNAN, Ga.
How can I help Newnan?
Newnan homeowner’s hotline: (470) 241-9679. Newnan volunteer hotline: (470) 347-7586. Southside Church has partnered with the local organizations to be a center to accept donations. Please stop by Monday, March 29, to Wednesday, March 31, from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM to drop off donations.
How do you prepare for a tornado warning?
Tornado safety preparation tips
- Designate a safe room. This area can either be a storm cellar, a basement or a room on the lowest level of your home or building without any windows, like a closet.
- Put essentials in your safe room.
- Remove outdoor items.
- Reinforce your home.
- Contact your insurance agent.