What are some feeling words?
What are common emotions?
The Six Basic Emotions
- Sadness. An emotional state characterized by feelings of disappointment, grief or hopelessness.
- Happiness. A pleasant emotional state that elicits feelings of joy, contentment and satisfaction.
What is the strongest emotion?
Fear is among the most powerful of all emotions. And since emotions are far more powerful than thoughts, fear can overcome even the strongest parts of our intelligence.
What are the 12 human emotions?
c, The 12 distinct varieties of emotional prosody that are preserved across cultures correspond to 12 categories of emotion—Adoration, Amusement, Anger, Awe, Confusion, Contempt, Desire, Disappointment, Distress, Fear, Interest and Sadness.
How do I identify my emotions?
Here are five ways to practice being more aware of your emotions:
- Notice and name your feelings. To start, just notice how you feel as things happen.
- Track one emotion. Pick one emotion — like feeling glad.
- Learn new words for feelings.
- Keep a feelings journal.
- Notice feelings in art, songs, and movies.
How many emotions can a human experience?
27 human emotions
In previous thought, it was understood that there were six distinct human emotions – happiness, sadness, fear, anger, surprise and disgust. But scientists have now found that the number is as many as 27.
What are positive feeling words?
Positive Emotion Words People Use
- Joy – a sense of elation, happiness, and perhaps even exhilaration, often experienced as a sudden spike due to something good happening.
- Gratitude – a feeling of thankfulness, for something specific or simply all-encompassing, often accompanied by humility and even reverence.
How do you express your feelings?
Expressing Your Emotions in a Healthy Way: 18 Tips
- Use positive self-talk.
- Be a good listener.
- Know your triggers.
- Try spirituality.
- Teach emotion words to young children.
- Practice empathy.
- Cut the distractions.
- Model emotional expression.
Is anger stronger than fear?
In the past, researchers have assumed that anger can contribute to coronary disease and hypertension. Although a chronically angry, explosive temperament may do just that, justifiable anger in response to short-term frustration appears to be a healthier response than fear.
What kind of feelings do you have about the other person?
If you are jealous or envious of the other person, it will give rise to feelings of jealousy and envy and you will be inclined to react accordingly towards this person when you interact. Feelings can be simple and complex. Complex feelings may be a combination of more basic emotions and also shaped by thoughts and images.
What kind of emotions are there in life?
Happiness: State of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. Hatred: Intense dislike which could invoke feelings of animosity, anger, or resentment. Heebie-Jeebies, the: A general feeling of anxiety, fear, uneasiness, or nausea.
What are the different types of complex feelings?
Complex feelings may be a combination of more basic emotions and also shaped by thoughts and images. Simple feelings could be anger, grief, sadness, fear, love, excitement, or joy. Complex feelings last longer and are also linked to our thought process.
What to do when you have a lot of emotions?
When you feel frustrated, putting some distance between yourself and the situation upsetting you can help you avoid in-the-moment reactions or angry outbursts. Try taking a walk or listening to a