Is Niagara-on-the-Lake Worth Visiting?
If you’re wondering whether or not Niagara-on-the-Lake is worth visiting, that’s a resounding yes! With plenty of historic sites, galleries, restaurants, parks and more, there’s a reason why so many return again and again.
What is there to do in Niagara-on-the-Lake today?
Things to Do in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Wineries. No visit to Niagara on the Lake is complete if you do not visit the local wineries.
- Wine Country Cooking School.
- Avondale Dairy Bar.
- The Exchange Brewery.
- McFarland House Conservatory Tea Room.
- Food tours.
- Pop-up/road side fruit markets.
- Fort George National Historic Site.
How do you spend a day in Niagara?
Niagara Falls One Day Itinerary – Canada Side
- Stop 1: Fort George National Historic Site.
- Stop 2: Queenston Heights Park & Brock Monument.
- Stop 3: Niagara Falls Floral Clock.
- Stop 4: Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory.
- Stop 5: Niagara Glen Nature Reserve.
- Stop 6: Niagara Whirlpool.
- Stop 8: Niagara Falls.
What is there to do in downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake?
Niagara River Recreation Trail. Fort George National Historic Site of Canada. Queenston Heights Park. Queens Royal Park Gazebo.
What is there to do in Niagara on the Lake 2021?
Top Attractions in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Peller Estates Winery. 2,817. Wineries & Vineyards.
- Wayne Gretzky Estates. 1,447.
- Reif Estate Winery. 1,634.
- Niagara on the Lake Heritage District. 1,260.
- Konzelmann Estate Winery. 2,336.
- Trius Winery. 1,149.
- Chateau des Charmes Winery. 1,147.
- The Hare Wine Co. 789.
Do you need a passport to go to Niagara-on-the-Lake?
The best part about enjoying Niagara Falls from the New York side is that a valid passport is not needed, as long as you are a US citizen.
Where can I park for free in Niagara-on-the-Lake?
Free parking! – Simcoe Park
- Simcoe Park.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake – Things to Do.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake. Ontario.
How do you spend weekends in Niagara Falls?
A romantic weekend itinerary for Niagara Falls
- 1 p.m. — Drive to Niagara USA.
- 4:30 p.m. — Hotel check-in.
- 5 p.m. — Dinner at Savor at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute.
- 7 p.m. — A stroll through Niagara Falls State Park.
- 10 p.m. — Fireworks.
- 10 a.m. — Niagara Falls State Park.
- 11 a.m. — Cave of the Winds.
Is Niagara-on-the-Lake walkable?
Niagara-on-the-Lake is walkable—sort of. The nearby wineries warrant car or bike trips, but the downtown hub is best explored on foot. Street parking is in abundance, so ditch your car and fuel up for your stroll with a coffee from Balzac.
Is there a Niagara on the lake tour?
Niagara on the Lake Tours is operated by the highly rated Niagara Day Tour company. As Canada’s prettiest town, Niagara on the Lake has been the highlight for many when touring the Niagara region. We wanted to give GTA residents and tourists to Ontario a chance to view this beautiful area in more detail.
Which is the best winery in Niagara on the lake?
1. Peller Estates Winery The Greatest Wine Tour hosted by Noah provided a highly educational tour of the vineyards and their history, the… 2. Wayne Gretzky Estates The estate itself includes an array of memorabilia that walks you through “The Great One’s” life and hockey career.
When did Niagara on the lake become a city?
Niagara-on-the Lake is an artifact, a late 19th/early 20th century urban community half frozen in time.