How do you make a simple pinwheel?
This page of instructions will lead you through the steps to make your own pinwheel.
- Begin with a square of paper.
- Fold your square, corner to corner, then unfold.
- Make a pencil mark about 1/3 of the way from center.
- Cut along fold lines.
- Bring every other point into the center and stick a pin through all four points.
How do you make a paper pinwheel step by step?
- Step 1: Materials. Colored Papers (preferably above 100 gsm)
- Step 2: Fold. Fold the corner of the paper to form a triangle.
- Step 3: Cut. Cut along the edges of the triangle.
- Step 4: Fold.
- Step 5: Unfold & Cut.
- Step 6: Unfold & Repeat Step 4 & 5.
- Step 7: Punch Holes.
- Step 8: Poke Hole in Center of Paper.
How do you make a pinwheel with a straw?
Flatten one end of the straw and punch a hole through the center. Undo the tines on the brad and feed it through the straw. Refold the tines and voila!! It’s a pinwheel!
How do you make a pinwheel with paper and pencil?
- To begin cut out a 7″ x 7″ square from paper or card stock.
- To form the pinwheel, start with a corner point and gently pull it down toward the center point of the pinwheel, be careful not to crease the paper.
- Insert a push pin at the center.
- Finally, try blowing at the edges of the pinwheel to make it spin.
How do you make a pinwheel without a push pin?
- Take a square piece of paper and fold it to find the exact center and punch a hole.
- Now cut the paper diagonally halfway through, make sure you don’t reach the center.
- Next punch every second corner of the paper, as shown in the video and start folding in the corners.
How do you make pinwheels for kids?
- 1Make a pair of squares. Start out by cutting two identical squares from paper or cardstock.
- 2Decorate the squares.
- 3Cut out the squares.
- 4Glue the squares together.
- 5Cut four slits.
- 6Bring one tip to the center.
- 7Bring the next tip to the center.
- 8Bring the remaining tips to the center.
What can I use instead of split pins craft?
Use super glue, craft glue or a hot glue gun to bond rhinestones, plastic charms, felt cutouts, beads or other small craft objects along the length of the clothespin for an instant, blinged-out paper fastener.
How do you make a simple kids pinwheel?
What you can use instead of a Brad?
You can use a pin, craft knife, or any other pointy tool that you have handy; place paper on the underside of an old mouse pad, and make a hole right where you want to place your brad. Insert on this same surface to avoid scratching surfaces.
How do you make pinwheels?
How to make a paper pinwheel: 1. Use the paper trimmer to cut a 6″ square out of the decorative paper. Use a ruler and pencil to drawl light lines from each corner of the squares to create 4 triangles. Cut on each of these lines almost to the center. Leave about 0.25″ uncut before the center cross mark. This will be your paper pinwheel template.
What are pinwheels made of?
A pinwheel is a simple child’s toy made of a wheel of paper or plastic curls attached at its axle to a stick by a pin. It is designed to spin when blown upon by a person or by the wind.
How does a pinwheel work?
The pinwheel is a type of whirligig. The primary requirement for a whirligig is at least one part of the object spins due to the power of wind, friction, hand movement or a motor. Attached to a stick, the blades of the pinwheel fold inward , cupping the wind and causing the blades to spin rapidly almost as soon as the wind hits them.