How do I fix code P0232?
What repairs can fix the P0232 code?
- Replacing the fuel pump relay if it is making a connection on the secondary side of the relay after the ignition is turned off.
- Repairing the fuel pump relay connector if shorted to power on the secondary side.
- Replacing the battery after the relay is replaced, if it will not recharge.
What is fuel pump secondary circuit?
OBD-II Code Decreased engine performance is defined as a Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit High. The Fuel Pump enables the transfer of fuel from the fuel tank to the fuel injectors in the engine. The Fuel Pump is controlled by the engine computer (PCM) or the Fuel Pump Control Module (most newer vehicles).
How do you test fuel pump relay?
How to test a fuel pump relay
- Park the car in safe and level ground.
- Step 2: Turn the ignition key in the ON position but don’t start the car.
- Step 3: Raise the hood and locate the fuel pump relay.
- Step 4: The fuel pump relay will emit a clicking or buzzing sound when turning the key in the ON position.
What is P1237 code?
Error Code P1237 is defined as Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit Fault. This code happens when the fuel pump driver module has determined a problem in the fuel pump secondary circuit.
How do I reset my fuel pump shut off switch?
How to Reset a Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch
- Locate your car’s inertial trigger or airbag control module.
- Push the button on the inertial switch; it should be clearly marked as the fuel pump reset, and may be in a contrasting color to the case.
What does the OBD code p0232 mean?
What the P0232 code means. P0232 is a generic OBD-II code that is triggered when the engine control module (ECM) detects that the secondary circuit to the fuel pump has a high voltage when the fuel pump relay is turned off.
How to fix p0232 Ford fuel pump secondary circuit high?
How do I fix code P0232 FORD? 1 Disconnect the inertia switch harness connector 2 Turn key to ON position (Engine OFF) 3 Measure voltage of circuit between inertia switch harness connector and ground 4 If battery voltage is found, replaced Inertia Switch 5 Clear codes More
How much does it cost to repair a p0232 Ford engine?
The cost to diagnose the P0232 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair’s diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
What is the OBD code for fuel pump?
P0232 is a generic OBD-II code that is triggered when the engine control module (ECM) detects that the secondary circuit to the fuel pump has a high voltage when the fuel pump relay is turned off.