Can Excel populate a list based on cell value?
Select B1, click the Data menu and then Data Validation (twice). In the field where it says “Allow”, click the Arrow to the right and select “List”. Now you can click B1 and choose a value from your team headers.
How do I apply conditional formatting to an entire row based on one cell?
Re: Conditional formatting for entire row based on data in one cell
- Select any cell in row 1.
- Go to ‘Conditional Formatting>New Rule>Use a formula to determine which cells to format’
- In the formula field paste =$D1=”Shipped”, set the required format and click ‘OK’
How do you highlight a row if a cell contains specific text?
Select the cells you want to apply conditional formatting to. Click the first cell in the range, and then drag to the last cell. Click HOME > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Text that Contains. In the Text that Contains box, on the left, enter the text you want highlighted.
How do I hide cells with specific text?
As you are using column C.
- Select Column C by clicking the column heading “C”.
- On the Data tab click the Filter button.
- In the drop down that appears in C1 remove the check next to “HIDE THIS ROW”, Click OK.
Is there a formula to hide rows in Excel?
Hide unused rows so that only working area is visible Select the row beneath the last row with data (to select the entire row, click on the row header). Press Ctrl + Shift + Down arrow to extend the selection to the bottom of the sheet. Press Ctrl + 9 to hide the selected rows.
How do you populate a value in a cell based on another cell?
Drop down list auto populate with VLOOKUP function
- Select a blank cell that you want to auto populate the corresponding value.
- Copy and paste the below formula into into it, and then press the Enter key.
- From now on, when you select a name in the drop down list, E2 will be auto-populated with a specific score.
How do you autofill formulas in Excel without dragging?
If you intend to copy/autofill a formula without dragging the fill handle, you can just use the Name box. You don’t need to use the Series dialog box to copy formulas. First, type the formula into the first cell (C2) of the column or row and copy the formula by pressing Ctrl + C shortcut.
How do I highlight a cell based on another cell value?
Excel formulas for conditional formatting based on cell value
- Select the cells you want to format.
- On the Home tab, in the Styles group, click Conditional formatting > New Rule…
- In the New Formatting Rule window, select Use a formula to determine which cells to format.
- Enter the formula in the corresponding box.
How do I color code rows in Excel based on text?
Apply conditional formatting based on text in a cell
- Select the cells you want to apply conditional formatting to. Click the first cell in the range, and then drag to the last cell.
- Click HOME > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Text that Contains.
- Select the color format for the text, and click OK.
How to fill rows based on cell value?
Excel fill Rows Based on Cell Value with Array Formula 1 Select a blank cell, enter formula =IFERROR (INDEX (Sheet2!A$1:A$10,SMALL (IF (Sheet2!B$1:B$10=D$2,ROW… 2 Select the first result cell, drag the Fill Handle down to fill all rows with corresponding task names. See… See More….
How to format an entire row in Excel?
In your data, click on the cell with the first grade, in H2. Excel will bring in its own language for this cell “$H$2”. Type an equals sign ( = ) and (with quotes) “A”. Sidebar: We hit this in more depth in Excel Advanced, but as a reminder… The “$” means an absolute reference, so a stagnant location in Excel.
How to select rows based on specified cell value in Excel?
The Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly select entire rows based on cell value in a certian column in Excel as below screenshot shown. After selecting all rows based on cell value, you can manually move or copy them to a new location as you need.
How to hide rows based on cell value in Excel?
Click on the Macros button (under the Code group). This will open the Macro Window, where you will find the names of all the macros that you have created so far. Select the macro (or module) named ‘HideRows’ and click on the Run button. You should see all the rows where Employment Status is not ’ In service ’ hidden.